Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Say What?!

Emily, like every toddler, has her own language. Its funny how we adapt and even start to pronounce words like she does. Some of my favorites:

Mangles = Pringles
Opee-ten = Open it
Butt-on = Diaper (where did this come from?)
Dorothy = fish (as in, Elmo's fish Dorothy)
Manga = Grandma
Sissa = Alyssa (her cousin)
I Huuuunnngy = I'm hungry
Suckits = Sunglasses

It seems like every day she is saying a new word or phrase. The other day we were on a walk/run, and she yelled out "I WANT TO WALLLLLKKK!" which of course meant she wanted to get out of her stroller and wander around aimlessly.

She knows most of the alphabet, I think we have Sesame Street to thank for that. Tonight I wrote her name on her magna-doodle, and asked her what it said and she goes "Emmy!" I was super impressed until I spelled out MOM next and asked her what it said, she said "Emmy!"

I'm just loving watching her learn and grow!

No comments: