Monday, November 30, 2009

Changing so fast!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Whew, it's been too long since my last update! Troy was finally able to get in the fields, so I have been pulling single-mommy duty lots of nights...which just doesn't leave much time for blogging :)

Catching a morning catnap with Bella

Well, where to begin? Between the time Emily turned 6 months old (October 19) and 7 months old (November 19), our poor baby had to endure no less than 8 shots!! She had the H1N1 shot and booster, the regular flu shot and booster, her 6 month immunizations, and her first Synagis injection. I am so glad that is all over! She will have to get the Synagis monthly until April, but I think those are the only shots she will have between now and then. Whew!


We are still attempting rice cereal and a few fruits and vegetables, but its not really going that well. We try every day, but Emily just doesn't eat much of it. She's on straight formula now, since she decided she wouldn't drink anything with even a drop of breastmilk in it :( But on the positive side, I'm finally done pumping YAY!! I can't say I'll miss that.


Still not much progress on rolling over from tummy to back. She did it a few times, and now she seems to have forgotten how. I really need to focus on tummy time with her, I know that would help.
On Thanksgiving day, Emily figured out how to roll from her back to her SIDE...hasn't completely rolled over yet, but she definitely has the side thing down.

Emily is wanting to be sitting up (supported) or standing (with us holding her up) most of the time now. Her bouncy chair and play gym don't allow her to sit up all the way, so those are starting to lose their luster with her. She really likes her Bumbo seat now, and we also got her one of those doorway-mounted jumpers - once she figured that out, she really liked that too!



Awwww, she fell asleep in there!


I put the "finishing" touches on Emily's room this month, too. I wanted to get a few more things on the walls, and I finally got it done.



I'll leave you with a couple more pictures from this past weekend:

No comments: